SUNNYVALE, Calif., January 5, 2010 – ShoreTel® (NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple IP phone systems with fully integrated Unified Communications (UC), has announced that the State of Texas, Department of Information Resources (DIR) has recently awarded ShoreTel a statewide purchasing vehicle.
The DIR contract streamlines the purchasing process for government agencies in the state of Texas that are interested in acquiring the productivity, cost-savings and collaboration benefits of ShoreTel's easy-to-use, extremely reliable and highly scalable UC solutions. This is one of many ShoreTel government purchasing vehicles acquired in the past 180 days including contracts in the state of California (CMAS), state of New Mexico and state of Ohio (STS).
- The purchasing vehicle ensures that state agencies, local municipalities, K-12 schools, and universities in Texas obtain consistent, competitively bid pricing.
- The contract encompasses ShoreTel handsets, switches, conference bridges, accessories, training, software and maintenance.
- At a time when state budgets are tight, ShoreTel's UC features, scalability, and exceptional reliability enable state agencies to function more efficiently – allowing them to accomplish more using fewer resources. The solution also prepares these agencies for long-term growth.
- ShoreTel is already deployed in numerous K-12 schools, universities, federal, state and local government agencies across the country, and continues to increase its presence within the public sector.
- ShoreTel continues to aggressively pursue additional state purchasing vehicles to provide ShoreTel and its partners with the opportunity to expand their government business and increase market share in the public sector.
"Like many other states, the Texas Department of Information Resources has recognized the benefits of offering the ShoreTel Unified Communications solution to government agencies across the state of Texas. These government purchasing vehicles are extremely important to ShoreTel and our partner community. The contracts provide a mechanism for government customers to purchase ShoreTel's simple to manage, easy to use, and extremely reliable solution. ShoreTel continues to work diligently to create these purchasing opportunities within other states and federal agencies across the country."
– Troy Parish, Director of Government Programs, ShoreTel
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a leading provider of Pure IP unified communications solutions. ShoreTel enables companies of any size to seamlessly integrate all communications - voice, video, messaging and data - with their business processes. Independent of device or location, ShoreTel's distributed software architecture eliminates the traditional costs, complexity and reliability issues typically associated with other solutions. ShoreTel continues to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction, ease of use and manageability while driving down the overall total cost of ownership. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas, the United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com or call 1-800-425-9385.