SUNNYVALE, CA, April 21, 2009 - ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR), a leading provider of Pure IP Unified Communications (UC) solutions, today announced it has been named a preferred telecommunications equipment partner by the San Francisco Giants. ShoreTel prevailed over several competitors to win the most valuable communications player role at AT&T Park, and install its unified communications solution throughout the ballpark and off-site facilities. In selecting ShoreTel, the San Francisco Giants noted ShoreTel's reliability, survivability, scalability, ease of management, end user mobility, and productivity.
The unique modular and distributed design of the ShoreTel UC system makes it an ideal solution for businesses and organizations that require reliability, flexibility and low cost without compromise. Additionally, ShoreTel's advanced IP-based communications features are designed for ease of use and optimum accessibility-important capabilities for facilities such as stadiums and convention centers that serve the public. The ShoreTel system, which offers the industry's lowest total cost of ownership (TCO), has the flexibility to easily scale up and down quickly and makes it easy to create new users on the fly, all from a single, centralized, easy-to-use system management interface.
- The Giants partnered with ShoreTel to roll out a new Voice over IP (VoIP) unified communications system for the 2009 season. The system will transform the way Giants staff, media and fans communicate at AT&T Park.
- A total of 450 ShoreTel IP Telephones will be deployed throughout the ballpark and other off-site facilities including the Giants Scottsdale, Arizona stadium to streamline communications and reduce costs. Key new capabilities include an integrated directory, an easy-to-use UC desktop application interface for call management with enhanced reporting for the sales team, e-mail and voicemail integration, and integrated faxing.
- All park guests will benefit from improved emergency response thanks to ShoreTel's E911 Notification application, which pinpoints the location of calls from a ShoreTel phone anywhere in the ballpark, and automatically informs all designated security staff and emergency responders.
- Fans in the Giants' luxury suites will enjoy full-color, customizable displays on their ShoreTel phones.
- The new ShoreTel UC system will save the Giants significant daily savings in call costs and system management and support, compared to the previous Centrex system.
- The San Francisco Giants conducted a thorough analysis of competing solutions, focusing on reliability, scalability, survivability, ease of management, and end user productivity and mobility. ShoreTel demonstrated its strength in all these areas.
- The Giants also purchased the ShoreTel Converged Conference solution, and ShoreTel's unique Web dialer application. The organization will be using the ShoreWare Contact Center application Workgroup, for its ticketing, sales and customer service contact center.
- The Giants are committed to making AT&T Park the "greenest" ballpark in the country by making environmental stewardship a top priority. The ShoreTel UC system helps achieve that goal with equipment that has been independently tested by The Tolly Group to show energy savings of up to 62 percent over Cisco.
- As a result of the deal, ShoreTel joins the family of Giants corporate sponsors, and will receive exposure at AT&T Park through in-park signage and print advertising during the 2009-2011 seasons.
"The Giants were seeking a state-of-the-art communications system that would transform the way our front office staff, the media, and our fans connect at AT&T Park, and we were very excited to find that a local leader in IP-based communications offered an outstanding solution coupled with the best customer service in the industry. The ShoreTel system will help us all communicate more efficiently, provide enhanced capabilities for our staff and luxury suite patrons, and ensure the safety of our fans. On top of all that, the system will save us hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. ShoreTel has hit a grand slam for the Giants!"
- Bill Schlough, CIO, San Francisco Giants
"ShoreTel and the San Francisco Giants share more than just our Bay Area location. We both understand the importance of creating a product that people love and that results in dedicated, raving fans. We're extremely pleased that we were able to earn the business of the Giants' organization. Now we look forward to playing a key role in keeping AT&T Park the most advanced ballpark in the big leagues."
- Kevin Gavin, Vice President of Marketing, ShoreTel
ShoreTel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOR) is the provider of brilliantly simple Unified Communication (UC) solutions based on its award-winning IP business phone system. We offer organizations of all sizes integrated, voice, video, data, and mobile communications on an open, distributed IP architecture that helps significantly reduce the complexity and costs typically associated with other solutions. The feature-rich ShoreTel UC system offers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) and the highest customer satisfaction in the industry, in part because it is easy to deploy, manage, scale and use. Increasingly, companies around the world are finding a competitive edge by replacing business-as-usual with new thinking, and choosing ShoreTel to handle their integrated business communication. ShoreTel is based in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas, United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com.
# # #
ShoreTel and the ShoreTel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ShoreTel, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks, trade names and service marks herein are the property of their respective owners.