SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 16, 2010 –ShoreTel® (NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple IP phone systems with fully integrated unified communications (UC), today announced it has been named by Everything Channel to CRN’s first annual Top 100 Health Care Vendors And VARs list. The list recognizes the key players in the health care industry with indirect channel programs of direct relevance to the channel.
The ShoreTel UC system helps health care facilities address two critical challenges: improving patient care while keeping costs under control. Organizations such as RehabCare, The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society, Family Home Care, Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Centre for Digestive Diseases, Visiting Nurses Association of Boston, and Woodlands North Houston Heart Center have all turned to ShoreTel to streamline communications, increase productivity, and save money.
• Citing an IDC Health Insights report, Everything Channel notes that growth in the implementation of electronic medical records and health information exchange technologies will help lead the worldwide growth of health care IT spending to more than $13 billion over the next three years.
• ShoreTel Mobility solutions can help improve patient care by making it easier for doctors, nurses, administrators, and patients to locate the people they need to talk to, whether they are onsite, at a remote location, or on the move.
• ShoreTel can slash a health care facility’s communications cost by centralizing and simplifying system management; eliminating the need for contractors to implement moves, adds and changes (MACs); and dramatically reducing long distance and toll charges by taking advantage of the IP network for least-cost routing.
• With enterprise-class reliability, no single point of failure, and N+1 redundancy, a ShoreTel phone system is always there to connect the right people at the right time, under any circumstance.
• ShoreTel offers the plug-and-play scalability and open-standards flexibility that health care institutions require to grow as needed and implement the latest technologies, including in-building WIFI enabled mobile devices specifically customized for the health care industry.
• With ShoreTel, health care institutions are assured of receiving the attention, service and support they need. ShoreTel has won the Nemertes PilotHouse Award for Best IP Telephony Provider—which assesses overall customer satisfaction—seven years in a row.
• ShoreTel easily integrates with legacy communication systems, enabling health care institutions to deploy UC capabilities incrementally and make optimal use of budgets.
“ShoreTel’s ease of use is probably the number one reason we selected the product. Managing the system from ShoreTel Director—the single web interface—makes it very simple to use on a day to day basis. Also, there are many aspects to the return on investment that we’ve seen with ShoreTel, not least of all with a recent addition to our building, we were to add to the system with very minimal cost. Our motto is “Close to home. Close to heart” and we don’t need a complex communication system that gets in the way. The ShoreTel system is simple and it provides us to make that connection with the community.”
-Scott Meyers, IS Project Coordinator, Cascade Valley Hospital
“ShoreTel has helped us lower our long-distance call charges by deploying the system across three locations, all linked over IP. We use least-cost routing for all long-distance calls which has dramatically lowered our costs. Furthermore, ShoreTel has helped us improve patient service and increase office efficiency because the system can easily be configured for different departments, ensuring personalized and immediate responses, and streamlining call flows.”
- Jeff Minnerly, IT Director, Family Home Care Corp.
“We chose ShoreTel for a number of reasons. It’s more reliable than the other vendor
solutions because it has fewer components, it’s simpler, more robust and the intuitive interface makes it easier to manage. We have to support analog phones and other medical devices in our facilities, and ShoreTel was the only company to support analog with just one piece of equipment and no special gateways. I don’t have to add a server every time I want to add a new capability, and the built-in redundancy makes five-nines availability simple and cost-effective.”
- Jim O’Brien, director of technical services, RehabCare
“ShoreTel is committed to meeting the needs of the health care industry where communication among doctors, nurses, administrators, and remote facilities is more important than ever. We’re pleased that CRN has recognized the important role ShoreTel is playing in helping health care institutions improve patient care while cutting costs and becoming more productive.”
– Kevin Gavin, Vice President of Marketing, ShoreTel
“ShoreTel’s health-care motivation is around open standards and tight reliability and it has steadily gained share among networking vendors in the health-care space by positioning itself as a scrappy alternative to the UC heavyweights of the world. Partners are buying, and its health-care success stories are mounting.”
– CRN Top 100 Health-Care Vendors Web site
ShoreTel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOR) is the provider of brilliantly simple Unified Communication (UC) solutions based on its award-winning IP business phone system. We offer organizations of all sizes integrated, voice, video, data, and mobile communications on an open, distributed IP architecture that helps significantly reduce the complexity and costs typically associated with other solutions. The feature-rich ShoreTel UC system offers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) and the highest customer satisfaction in the industry, in part because it is easy to deploy, manage, scale and use. Increasingly, companies around the world are finding a competitive edge by replacing business-as-usual with new thinking, and choosing ShoreTel to handle their integrated business communication. ShoreTel is based in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas, United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com.